Join the Fun!

Today is a new day! It is time to get away from the computer, put on those walking shoes, get out, get fit and be creative! How is walking a creative activity? Well, pick up your camera, take it with you and start clicking away! You will be amazed by all the interesting and wonderful things you will discover, on your ordinary walk, around your once familiar neighborhood.

Become a Creatively Fit Teammate!

Creatively Fit is a fitness/photography blog designed to motivate blogger/photographers to get in shape. Each day, participants from across the globe are encouraged to walk, click, and connect with others who are grabbing their walking shoes and their cameras in an effort to stay creative and fit.

The task is simple. Leave a comment on a post, stating that you would like to join, and include your email address. You will receive an invitation to join the team. The assignment:

1. Walk 30-60 minutes each day (3-5 days per week). Work within your fitness level. Set a time limit that you are comfortable with (10, 15, 20 minutes). It's all about having fun and getting moving. Creativity and Fitness are bonuses!!
2. Click - Take photos of your journey.
Everything and anything goes, but we like creativity.
3. Connect - Post your name, state or country, time of walk, and 4 or 5 photos to the Creatively Fit blog.
4. Encourage one another with your comments and posts. Comments help to motivate one another into getting out there and sharing some more!
5. That’s it!


Our goal is to motivate and inspire one another as we unite together on our journey to creative fitness!! We are so glad you stopped by!

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Julie - North Carolina - 8:30 to 9:15 a.m. yesterday

Oh my gosh y'all, I am still alive, and I'm so sorry I haven't been around for the last week. Things got so stressful here and yesterday was the most stressful of all! Nothing seemed to happen at the right time or in the right way. I didn't even get to bed until about 4:00 a.m. So anyway... My walk was the only peaceful time I had all day, and I owe it all to Cindy and Hayley for starting CF! Thank you, ladies! Please don't kick me out yet! :)

I walked back up the road to the cattle farm. Two of the three hay wagons had been emptied, but one was still loaded. It is incredible how something as light and wispy as dead grass can be made into something so huge and heavy. I also noticed how shiny the cows looked in the morning sun and humid air!

I cropped this picture up close so you can see the cow's tongue!

It must have rained a little during the night before. I took these three of the sky reflected in a puddle.

A few flower pictures. I didn't see until I got home and uploaded my pics that there's an ant crawling on the magnolia bloom in the top right corner. It made me chuckle!
I hope you're all having a good week! Today is my older son's first day of Kindergarten... he was crying his little eyes out when I left... but now... silence! (Well, except for the dryer.) I still have a ton to do today but at least I have a little bit of solitude to do it in! I really look forward to catching up on everybody's posts soon. The new layout looks great! The border of polaroids is so cute!

3 comments:

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Wonderful and beautiful photos! Glad you had a small peaceful moment!

Capturing Sunshine said...

We've missed you, Julie. These are really great shots! I too love Magnolias and blue skies. I am reading your post about "silence" as Nicholas screams in the room beside me. We were trying the "nap by yourself" thing today. We've tried the "walk together, swim together, potty together" stuff. I thought "Nicholas nap alone" would be nice. So far--no good!

Again, great shots!

ch said...

Julie, I'm glad you were able to get a peaceful walk in today. I love the cows, they're such gentle looking creatures.
The puddles shots are great too, as are the flowers.:)
Have a great evening!
Cindy