Join the Fun!

Today is a new day! It is time to get away from the computer, put on those walking shoes, get out, get fit and be creative! How is walking a creative activity? Well, pick up your camera, take it with you and start clicking away! You will be amazed by all the interesting and wonderful things you will discover, on your ordinary walk, around your once familiar neighborhood.

Become a Creatively Fit Teammate!

Creatively Fit is a fitness/photography blog designed to motivate blogger/photographers to get in shape. Each day, participants from across the globe are encouraged to walk, click, and connect with others who are grabbing their walking shoes and their cameras in an effort to stay creative and fit.

The task is simple. Leave a comment on a post, stating that you would like to join, and include your email address. You will receive an invitation to join the team. The assignment:

1. Walk 30-60 minutes each day (3-5 days per week). Work within your fitness level. Set a time limit that you are comfortable with (10, 15, 20 minutes). It's all about having fun and getting moving. Creativity and Fitness are bonuses!!
2. Click - Take photos of your journey.
Everything and anything goes, but we like creativity.
3. Connect - Post your name, state or country, time of walk, and 4 or 5 photos to the Creatively Fit blog.
4. Encourage one another with your comments and posts. Comments help to motivate one another into getting out there and sharing some more!
5. That’s it!


Our goal is to motivate and inspire one another as we unite together on our journey to creative fitness!! We are so glad you stopped by!

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Paula-Munich, Germany, 10:00am - 15:45pm

Hi, everyone! I am back, or rather my PC is back. He needed service and once again I realised how much I am cut off form the world without my PC.

A friendship of mine needed "service" too as I was asked to please, please walk along the parade (please, NO) and join in for the octoberfest. Octoberfest is for me the fifth season in Munich and if I cant go out of town at least I like to be in another universe!

Anway I gave in and watched the parade and then followed it through town to the octoberfest. Ummm, 2h watching whilst I am neither a true Bavarian by blood nor a dedicated tourist! That was hard going for me! Lots of walking and not always easy in this crowd!
Anyway I thought it might be a good idea to share the colors of today with you.



The parade is represents many of the Bavarian villages, regions of groups all of them in traditional customes; as well as all the horse carriage which used to carry the wooden beer barrel in former times. All customes are measure made and most of them are handmade too. This includes the leather for the men's lederhosn. The coins shown on the chests present the wealth of the family, the coins are genuine, highly valuable and handed down over centuries. The flowers on the bosoms are supposed to give an optical illusion ;-)) The aprons bound right mean the woman is married, left she is available and at the back she is widowed. Well, rest of it I have forgotten.
















Anyway I walked down to the octoberfest, joining the crowd. Lost the friend there within minutes...

















The huge carriage horses are extremely patient and on duty twice a year: for the opening of the festival and on the day of the parade. Thats it!




Would be great to hand all of you one of the Bavarian hearts with love.
And no, I didnt drink beer ;-))

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Thank You for sharing Oktoberfest with us. I truly enjoyed all the photo's. What a treat!

ch said...

Paula,
Your pictures are fantastic! I feel as if I was there. And the education I'm getting!
Thank you so much for sharing:)