Join the Fun!

Today is a new day! It is time to get away from the computer, put on those walking shoes, get out, get fit and be creative! How is walking a creative activity? Well, pick up your camera, take it with you and start clicking away! You will be amazed by all the interesting and wonderful things you will discover, on your ordinary walk, around your once familiar neighborhood.

Become a Creatively Fit Teammate!

Creatively Fit is a fitness/photography blog designed to motivate blogger/photographers to get in shape. Each day, participants from across the globe are encouraged to walk, click, and connect with others who are grabbing their walking shoes and their cameras in an effort to stay creative and fit.

The task is simple. Leave a comment on a post, stating that you would like to join, and include your email address. You will receive an invitation to join the team. The assignment:

1. Walk 30-60 minutes each day (3-5 days per week). Work within your fitness level. Set a time limit that you are comfortable with (10, 15, 20 minutes). It's all about having fun and getting moving. Creativity and Fitness are bonuses!!
2. Click - Take photos of your journey.
Everything and anything goes, but we like creativity.
3. Connect - Post your name, state or country, time of walk, and 4 or 5 photos to the Creatively Fit blog.
4. Encourage one another with your comments and posts. Comments help to motivate one another into getting out there and sharing some more!
5. That’s it!


Our goal is to motivate and inspire one another as we unite together on our journey to creative fitness!! We are so glad you stopped by!

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Cindy - Florida 10:10--11:00 AM

We have reached our 100th post on Creatively Fit! Yay!

This was a special walk, for me, today because my mom decided to join me:). We bent the rules a little. Mom rode her bike and clicked. Bike riding is easier on her knees. She will be posting later today, I hope. This first collage includes two pictures of my mom biking ahead of me. We went around her neighborhood today. It was nice and shady there. I included the picture with the word "GOD" etched into the concrete because I thank God for having this time with my Mom.
In the next collage I grouped together all of my photos of footprints.
In this next group I was in search of something other than green!
Here are some random photos of things that caught my eye.

This Birds of Paradise was my favorite picture of the day!

Here are all 79 pictures from today's walk...


I hope you were able to get Creatively Fit today!

Comments are always welcome. They help to keep me motivated!:)

Have a wonderful day!
Cindy

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hey Cindy,

I love the pictures and that you are spending quality time with your mom. Sometimes we don't realize how special they are until .... well you know. No Sadness...just enjoy. The pictures are wonderful, it must have been great walking in the shade. Today I didn't get to walk...Douglas had PT early and then I had to cook a mountain of Chicken and pasta for the Football pre game meal tomorrow. Glad I volunteered only once for that. And it looks as if this week may be a wash for us getting together to walk. Hopefully next week will be good. Check out my facebook, I posted the pictures of the chicken and pasta.

Julie Ball said...

Lovely photos as always! The birds of paradise are so bright and beautiful! I'm amused by all the footprints... like the whole neighborhood was just waiting for the cement layers to turn their backs so they could sneak in and leave their marks! :) Glad you enjoyed the time with your mom and got her to join the team!

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
Congratulations on the 100th post! :) This is such a great project, it is so great to connect with women all over the country and see things from a new perspective. Thank you for sharing yours.
And I love the linkwithin addition - it really helps people connect and learn about others!
Have a great day!

Miriam said...

Cindy thank you for sharing your pictures, they are exceptional as usual and reveals your creative instincts. I have learned a lot from you and appreciate the time we had together yesterday. Hope you are proud of your Mother and the pictures I posted.
Love you

Capturing Sunshine said...

:) Okay...I got your "subtle" hint about not commenting on this post yesterday, but I DID comment on it!! I don't know what happened...

I talked about your footprint collage and how I had never ever placed my foot in wet cement...wish I had.

I talked about how lucky you were to have the opportunity to walk with your Mom, and how wonderful I think it is that she takes pride in your talents.

I talked about the last collage and how the bottom left photo reminds me of the one that I took with a white fence and sky. We need to put them side-by-side.

And, I talked about how much I love the framed photo, wondering how you did the frame.

The only reason I can think of that my comment did not post is because I mistyped the "super secret and strange" password that Google sometimes requires me to put in. Then, I must have thought it posted instead of saying it didn't.

You will even notice that I commented on your Mom's around the same time (which I didn't see when I posted mine, and didn't know about until I saw YOUR comment to her). It's weird how it does that sometimes.

So, now that my comment has turned into a short essay, I think I will finish. Again, great pictures!!

Hugs, Hayley

Capturing Sunshine said...

But wait! There's more! I also talked about the fact that I was delighted that we've reached 100! Who would have thought it would happen so quickly? I can still remember that first conversation...It feels like it was only a month ago. Oh wait! It was only a month ago. ;)

ch said...

Relax Hayley, It's ok:) haha

I was just making an observation. Sheesh!

Your computer must be discriminating against your comments to me, as I recall a few other post when you commented and it never appeared. If it happens again don't worry about reposting the whole comment(I see what a pain that can be). This is all meant to be fun! If it's frustrating you it's not worth it.
Have a happy day!:)

Love ya,
Cindy

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Keep up the good work on the photos and on walking! I need the motivation too. I'm going to try to get out tonight and have some fun with my walk. Your photos are awesome, by the way.