Join the Fun!

Today is a new day! It is time to get away from the computer, put on those walking shoes, get out, get fit and be creative! How is walking a creative activity? Well, pick up your camera, take it with you and start clicking away! You will be amazed by all the interesting and wonderful things you will discover, on your ordinary walk, around your once familiar neighborhood.

Become a Creatively Fit Teammate!

Creatively Fit is a fitness/photography blog designed to motivate blogger/photographers to get in shape. Each day, participants from across the globe are encouraged to walk, click, and connect with others who are grabbing their walking shoes and their cameras in an effort to stay creative and fit.

The task is simple. Leave a comment on a post, stating that you would like to join, and include your email address. You will receive an invitation to join the team. The assignment:

1. Walk 30-60 minutes each day (3-5 days per week). Work within your fitness level. Set a time limit that you are comfortable with (10, 15, 20 minutes). It's all about having fun and getting moving. Creativity and Fitness are bonuses!!
2. Click - Take photos of your journey.
Everything and anything goes, but we like creativity.
3. Connect - Post your name, state or country, time of walk, and 4 or 5 photos to the Creatively Fit blog.
4. Encourage one another with your comments and posts. Comments help to motivate one another into getting out there and sharing some more!
5. That’s it!


Our goal is to motivate and inspire one another as we unite together on our journey to creative fitness!! We are so glad you stopped by!

Monday, August 17, 2009

Julie - North Carolina - 5:10 to 5:40 p.m.

I am embarrassed to admit how hard I am finding it to alter my routines... especially the going to bed earlier part (and as a consequence, the getting up earlier part). (It is now 11:00 p.m. at my house and this is the first chance I've gotten to sit down and look at my photos...) Our whole family is working on going to bed and getting up earlier with Kindergarten starting next week, and I just today realized I will have to wake my son up at 6:45 in order to make sure his slow-moving morning self (takes after me...) can get dressed, fed, and out the door on time. Blech! I will be so glad when we really settle into things. Today we just had so much going on that I finally had to tell the boys to get in the stroller because mommy needed a walk! We took a quick trip around and back home. I must say that both boys enjoy riding in the stroller and don't give me trouble trying to get out or anything. The only problem was my 5-year-old kept complaining that I wasn't taking pictures of the things he wanted me to take pictures of (like the dog in the yard with about 5 people... I really didn't want to point my camera anywhere towards this group of people I didn't know!). Anyway, here we go:

The sky here was crazy. These two pictures were taken one right after the other, and I did not move at all except to turn around:

Isn't that wild? Perhaps even more crazy is that I've passed this crepe myrtle every time I've gone anywhere for the past 3 years, and today was the first time I've noticed it has both white and pink flowers.

I love it when this cattle farm has all their hay bales stacked and ready to go. I hope I can get a closer and clearer shot sometime before they move them, but this is a very busy street at 5:30 and I was ready to get onto a side street.

The tractor parked under the eave of the barn reminded me of my childhood and my grandfather's farm.

An unexpected "mini-theme" presented itself: Things stuck in power lines!

Here are my two silly goobers!

Here's hoping for a great week!

3 comments:

ch said...

Julie,
Great pictures! The sky is beautiful!

It's amazing how the sky looks like two different days. And the same tree looks like two different trees and your boys look the same but different! I think you had two themes going:)!

Your boys are so cute! They look like they were having fun. It would be cool to give them their own cameras and see what they get. My seven year old loves the snatch the camera from me. Sometimes I think his pictures are better then mine.

I know what you mean about getting used to a new routine, not easy. But I'm glad you got out for some "you" time

Capturing Sunshine said...

Julie,

These photos are wonderful! I especially love the hay bales. I look forward to seeing another capture of them. I tried to get Nicholas into his stroller yesterday (late) afternoon to go for a walk. When we pulled the stroller out of the garage and opened it, we discovered that somehow the cantelope we purchased at the grocery store last week had slid in between the closed stroller and rotted in the garage...YUCK!

Needless to say, we didn't "stroll." Then, Nicholas insisted we get in the "bye bye." He calls our car a "bye bye." So, after two to three attempts at a walk (with dog in tow), we ended up in the "bye bye," with the dog, headed to Starbucks (a small consolation prize to a walk).

As I post this, I am contemplating the fact that I better get my walk in now, or I may miss out again today.

Great captures! I'm so glad you are with us!!

Cynthia said...

It's so cool seeing where other people walk. I love sky photos and your "silly little goobers" are adorable.