Join the Fun!

Today is a new day! It is time to get away from the computer, put on those walking shoes, get out, get fit and be creative! How is walking a creative activity? Well, pick up your camera, take it with you and start clicking away! You will be amazed by all the interesting and wonderful things you will discover, on your ordinary walk, around your once familiar neighborhood.

Become a Creatively Fit Teammate!

Creatively Fit is a fitness/photography blog designed to motivate blogger/photographers to get in shape. Each day, participants from across the globe are encouraged to walk, click, and connect with others who are grabbing their walking shoes and their cameras in an effort to stay creative and fit.

The task is simple. Leave a comment on a post, stating that you would like to join, and include your email address. You will receive an invitation to join the team. The assignment:

1. Walk 30-60 minutes each day (3-5 days per week). Work within your fitness level. Set a time limit that you are comfortable with (10, 15, 20 minutes). It's all about having fun and getting moving. Creativity and Fitness are bonuses!!
2. Click - Take photos of your journey.
Everything and anything goes, but we like creativity.
3. Connect - Post your name, state or country, time of walk, and 4 or 5 photos to the Creatively Fit blog.
4. Encourage one another with your comments and posts. Comments help to motivate one another into getting out there and sharing some more!
5. That’s it!


Our goal is to motivate and inspire one another as we unite together on our journey to creative fitness!! We are so glad you stopped by!

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Julie - North Carolina - 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.

Today the boys and I drove over to a park I've been wanting to explore. It's just a lake with a trail that goes all the way around it - almost 7 miles! At first I was hoping to make it to the "2" before turning around, but I had to stop so many times to take pictures of things (both by my choice and Riley's... since we weren't taking pictures of private property, I indulged most of his requests) that it took 40 minutes to get to the "1" and I was sweaty and hungry so we turned back. I was extremely glad to see the parking lot again, so I'm glad I didn't try to go any further! Maybe I'll work my way down more of the trail when it stops being so blazing hot.


Before we got started we had to check out this bank at the trail head. There were dozens and dozens of at least 4 different kinds of waterfowl all hanging out together.









The dappled light on the trail made it unexpectedly hard to get pictures in focus (to flash or not to flash?), but it made pretty shadows.










We saw various flora (including my personal favorite, sassafras trees, and what Riley called "talking trees" - ones that appear to have faces in their bark!)...

...and fauna (if you look really closely at the lower turtle picture you'll see that I also caught 2 dragonflies in the photo! One is a blur in flight, but it still counts!).

I also let Riley take some photos. He must belong in this group, because he really likes taking pictures of trees.


Last but not least... Riley making a smile like the "talking tree" behind him. :)

3 comments:

thatdesigngal said...

Wow, what beautiful photos! Sounds like a awesome outing and workout! WOOHOO!

Capturing Sunshine said...

Great post, Julie! Riley is a doll! Tell him, "Great Smile!" Yay turtle pictures! I'm all about the turtle shots! I will count the dragonfly shot...this time! Next time, however, I would like for it to smile and say cheese for you! I better get my shots up. I walked this morning, but the day has been go go go! Just now having time to sit down.

See you tomorrow?!

ch said...

Julie,
So many wonderful pictures! Isn't it amazing how things that were once ignored have now become amazing picture opportunities!?
I love your berry picture, turtle picture, dragonfly, ducks, they're all great! And Riley's picture of the tree with the yellow flowers is beautiful. He's definitely a part of the group. I think my Noah also wants in-haha:)
I'm glad you had a great walk today! Lots of inspiration here!